Another April Fools
has come and gone. Perhaps you played a prank or fell for one yourself, but have you ever wondered where it all began… The most common theory about the earliest April Fools’ celebrations goes like this: In 1582, Pope Gregory XIII issued a papal bull decreeing a new standard calendar for Christian Europe that would take his name and centuries later become the standard internationally in the 21st century.
Prior to the 15th century, Europe’s nations used the Julian calendar. The Gregorian calendar moved the date of the new year from April 1 to January 1, among other changes. Catholic monarchies were naturally its earliest adopters, though Protestant nations later followed suit.
Given the nature of the reform, both in terms of communicating such a fundamental change to a large population and dealing with critics of the new calendar, some Europeans continued to celebrate the new year between March 25 and April 1. April fools were those who still celebrated the holiday in the spring, and were the subject of pranks and ridicule by those who observed the new year months ago. We are not playing a prank April brings our new Zuii Organic Powder Foundations.
If you have not tried our Zuii Organic Cosmetics this is a great opportunity. For the month of April we will be offering $5.00 off any Zuii Foundations!
With Zuii you literally are wearing flowers on your face…
It All Begins With
Rose, Jasmine, and Chamomile These fragrant flowers helps rejuvenate and replenish skin. Discover how this lush blossom can make your skin feel as velvety soft as a bed of roses.
1. Antibacterial: Naturally antibacterial rose essential oil makes can help treat acne and acne-prone skin. Combined with its cleansing properties, rose makes an ideal ingredient in face washes and cleansers.
2. Anti-inflammatory: While we may think of roses for their iconic deep red color, rose oils can actually help reduce swollen spots or redness on your skin. Its calming properties can also help sooth rosecea and eczema.
3. Antioxidants: Rose contains high amounts of vitamin C, a powerful anti-aging antioxidant. This important vitamin can help protect skin cells from damage, such as from staying out in the sun too long.
4. Moisturizing: The natural oils found in roses, Jasmine and Chamomile help lock moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling smooth. Rose is especially beneficial for those with sensitive skin because the sugars in its petals create a smooth feeling to the skin.
5. Naturally Fragrant And Healing: Many organic beauty products choose to include rose and Jasmine. Are you worried about the scar marks, Jasmine is a cicatrisant and can help fade scar marks and age spots. Chamomile also soothes and calms the mind. Stop in for a complimentary color match