Help Us Celebrate
LET'S TAKE CARE OF WHERE WE LIVE!
The marketplace is flooded with beauty options for your hair and skin 1/3 of the landfill waist is from petroleum based beauty products.
One major consideration when selecting beauty products is ingredients – not just because of the effects they have on our bodies, but because of the effects they have on the earth. If your beauty buying decisions can also have a positive impact on our planet, why not?
Here are 5 reasons to GO GREEN on Earth Day!
1. Reduces toxins and chemicals absorbed through the skin – its the whole truth, our skin absorbs up to 64% of what it’s exposed to. So by ensuring that we’re placing natural, healthy substances on our skin, we also ensure that we are not exposing our delicate insides to the pesticides, chemicals, GMOs, and toxins that we seek to avoid daily in our diets.
2. Safer for the environment – Think of the manufacturing of products with high doses of chemicals – the by-products of those plants are pollution and emissions into the air and soil, resulting in chemical poisons in our air, water, and food. The FDA allows almost any substance in skin and hair products, and potentially harmful substances could be affecting us – whether we like it or not!
3. Critter Friendly – Organic products are not tested on animals, because it’s not necessary. When using naturally grown and sourced ingredients, there is not a question as to whether they will be harmful. The question is whether they will provide the best possible result – so no animals need to be harmed during product testing.
4. Long term benefits to the planet – relying on sustainable farming methods for producing crops used in organic skin care means keeping these farms in business. This means supporting agriculture with our planet in mind. It also means supporting businesses who employ a green way of life, with eco-friendliness affecting every decision from the packaging they select, to their transportation to and from work, to the type of towels used in the rest room.
5. They WORK! – Natural, organic ingredients that are grown with care contain higher concentrations of vitamins and minerals. Organic farms focus on the quality of their crop, rather than high quantities, and it shows in the ingredients. Those high concentrations of goodness are an opposing force of synthetic ingredients, fillers, and perfumes that can cause irritation, inflammation, or illness over the long term.
Your invited to stop by on Wednesday April 22nd from
11:00 to 5:00. We’ll be celebrating Earth Day with some natural wholesome refreshments. All our earth friendly products will be an extra 10% off!
Stop in and say hi.
We are what we eat, breathe or put on our skin.
Chemicals such as phthalates, mineral oils, sodium lauryl sulphate, propylene glycol, and parabens, are all commonly used in cosmetics and body care products, and are known carcinogens or toxins that affect the immune, reproductive, and endocrine systems.
Breast Cancer.org cites Parabens (preservatives) in cosmetics as hormone disruptors and says that these chemicals, “can affect how estrogen and other hormones act in the body, by blocking them or mimicking them, which throws off the body’s hormonal balance. Because estrogen can make hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer develop and grow, many women choose to limit their exposure to these chemicals that can act like estrogen.”
Zuii Organic makeup has also been awarded one of the highest Globally recognised certifications - BDIH & COSMOS - along with maintaining Cruelty Free and Vegan friendly status. Zuii Organic will never use harsh or harmful chemicals, additives or fillers. Zuii uses only the most pure ingredients available, and as such we believe Zuii is the best Certified Organic Cosmetic in the world.
Call the salon to book your free color match. It's either a hit or miss when it comes to choosing the right foundation, and a lot of times, we miss. But if you're choosing it solely based on your complexion, you're making the mistake of leaving the house looking like una loca! As makeup artist’s we break down a super easy way to find the right foundation for your skin tone, and it doesn’t require testing a million shades.